Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Veggie Eats: Butternut Squash Soup


Cooking is one of my favorite things to do to unwind and relax after a long day...but I also work full time, so I don't have a lot of time for difficult and lengthy recipes with tons of ingredients!

...Which is what makes this Butternut Squash Soup so divine! Most of the ingredients I had on hand, and it's super simple!

Ingredients:

Large Butternut Squash
Olive Oil, 1 cup
Pine Nuts, 1/4 cup
Roma Tomatoes, 2
Garlic Cloves, 3-4
Fresh Rosemary, 2 sprigs
Agave, 2 T
Crushed Red Pepper, 1 tsp
Sea Salt, 1 tsp
Oregano, 1 T
Black Pepper

*Makes about 6-8 servings.

For a creamier consistency, you will want to cook the butternut squash first. Cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, or use oven gloves, and cut butternut squash into cubes, removing skin as well.

Add all ingredients to a large food processor or blender. Heat over the stove to warm, and add black pepper to taste.

I served my butternut squash soup with a Rosemary Cashew "Cheese," modified from my Jalapeno Cashew "Cheese" recipe here. It tastes like a rosemary cream cheese/ricotta, and had me fooled that there was no dairy involved!

Not sure that could get any more simple!


I even found a heart in my squash!

4 comments:

  1. can you maybe make a post about why dairy and cheese are not good for us?! I like to be educated! -Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the heart...and I plan to make this soup tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying this one...looks yummy & simple to make.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...