I kept hearing all about Coconut Oil on various wellness blogs that I follow, and recently decided to try it out for myself to see what everyone has been getting so excited about!
Not only does this creamy oil smell super yummy, but there are endless uses for it, from cooking, to skin and digestive remedies, to flea repellent for your pets! I have a jar in my bathroom, and a jar in the kitchen!
Quick facts about Coconut Oil:
1. The saturated fat in coconut oil is composed of medium-chain fatty acids, which are used almost immediately for sustained energy, which makes it a more productive and fruitful energy source. This is also good fuel for your brain.
2. It improves nutrient absorption, and is easily digestible, making it a great addition to your daily smoothie, or before a meal.
3. It is anti-bacterial, fungal, inflammatory, microbial, carcinogenic, and an antioxidant...meaning...it fights off all of the harmful elements in our food and our environment, making our body run cleaner on the inside and outside.
4. It keeps blood sugar levels stable, staves cravings, and raises your good, protective 'HDL cholesterol.'
**You can find a jar next to the olive and vegetable oils at your local health food store...avoid buying it from the beauty area, as they tend to charge almost 3 times the amount for the same product!
My Everyday Uses Are:
1. Nightly moisturizer to fight wrinkles (hopefully), and stop breakouts.
2. An addition to my pup's breakfast each morning, to help with digestion and overall internal health. She loves it, and patiently waits for her daily scoop every morning!
3. Yummy oil for stir frying brussel sprouts, broccoli, and kale. I also put a spoonful in my smoothies for an extra energy and brain boost!
4. Deep conditioner for split ends. Rub on ends, and leave in as long as possible, overnight is best!
5. Treatment for eczema and allergy flare-ups.
If you want more ideas on how to use this miracle oil, you can find a fun list of '122 Uses' here.